List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RedHat ES 4 install doesn't work on 2850
From:       Dick Kniep <dick () kniep ! nl>
Date:       2005-07-22 15:56:59

Hi list,

We tried to install RedHat ES4 on a 2850 using the standard install. However
this simply doesn't work. I think it is a general problem. After that we
switched to SuSE 9.3 which installs out of the box without any problems.

There is one question we have. the firmware is upgraded for RedHat, but cannot
be used to upgrade under SuSE. Anyone any ideas?

Cheers,
D.Kniep