List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Problem with kernel 2.6.8 in PE1750
From:       "Angel L. Mateo" =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mart=EDnez?= <amateo () um ! es>
Date:       2004-11-30 7:52:01

Hello,

	I have just installed debian sarge in two PE1750. I have installed SMP
version of 2.6.8 kernel. My problem is that after I can't boot the
servers because they hang after the message:

EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode

	I have the debianized version of the kernel, that is, I haven't
compiled it, it is from a debian package that uses initrd and has
megaraid as a module. If I boot with the kernel from installation I have
no problem, although it also uses megaraid as a module. But now, I have
compile my own kernel with megaraid support included (not as a module)
and it seems to work.

	Any idea of what is the problem?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez