List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: LSI 320-2X
From:       "Olle Liljenzin" <olle () carmen ! se>
Date:       2004-11-28 11:14:36

I have a Megaraid 320-2X in a PE2600 with a PV220 connected to it. It looks
identical to the embedded PERC4/Di on PE1750 and linflush say the
controllers
can be flushed with the same firmware. Tools like dellmgr works fine and the
the most important difference is probably that you will not get help from
Dell
support.

The PERC4/DC looks more like the older Megaraid 320-2, which is 3-4 times
slower than the newer controller. I benchmarked the PERC4/DC and the 320-2X
controllers in the same machine with the same disk configuration, and the
difference is remarkable.

/Olle