List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: Compiling MegaRaid into 2.6 kernel (additional)
From:       Al Sparks <data345 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-10-29 3:55:44

I've been going over the lsil ftp site,
   ftp://ftp.lsil.com/pub/linux-megaraid/drivers/

and went into the directory
   ftp://ftp.lsil.com/pub/linux-megaraid/drivers/version-2.20.3.1/

I saw a file
      megaraid2.20.3.1.tgz
so I downloaded it.

I also have been using the following as hints to compile a driver as a
module:
  http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-August/014849.html

Note that it is a cookbook for kernel 2.4.x, and I'm trying to compile
for kernel 2.6.x.

Anyway, when I untar'd the megaraid tarball, I did not see a
   megaraid2.c
file, but instead some files named
    mbox_defs.h
    mega_common.h
    megaraid_ioctl.h
    megaraid_mbox.c
    megaraid_mbox.h
    megaraid_mm.c
    megaraid_mm.h
    megaraid.txt

I'm confused.  Have I gotten the correct tarball?  Could someone give
me an up to date cookbook on how to do a compile of the newer drivers,
including the way to patch them?
   === Al