List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    PE 1600SC rtc: lost some interrupts at 2048Hz
From:       <Thorsten.Henrici () amann ! com>
Date:       2004-10-28 11:33:58

Hello,

I am experiencing hangs on a Dell PE 1600SC in combination with SuSE 9.1
2.6.5-7-111-smp and VMware GSX 3.1.

The machine crashes after the syslog logs the following entry:
rtc: lost some interrupts at 2048Hz

This problem was mentioned by quite a few people on the Internet, I just
could not find anybody who came up with a reason for this. I have a
parallel enquiry running with the VMware support team, because I suppose
the problem is somewhat related to the GSX server.

All vmware modules were built without flaw. Kernel sources match the
running kernel and I did make cloneconfig prepare-all

Rgs,
Thorsten

Thorsten Henrici - Systems Engineering AMANN & Soehne GmbH & Co. KG
Hauptstr. 1      D-74357 Boennigheim
fon +49 (7143) 277-302
fax (personal)  +49 (7143) 277-901-302
E-Mail: thorsten.henrici@amann.com