List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RE: DRAC3/ERA and console redirect
From:       "Thomas Petersen" <tomp () securityminded ! net>
Date:       2004-05-27 20:05:50

-----Original Message-----
From: JACOB_LIBERMAN@Dell.com [mailto:JACOB_LIBERMAN@Dell.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 1:19 AM
To: tpickard@crossref.org; linux-poweredge@Dell.com

> > Personally, I recommend that you enable the telnet functionality of the
ERA. With this feature enabled, you can telnet into the ERA, issue all
racadm
> > commands, or type "connect video" and redirect a text or ncurses-based
console via the telnet session. This telnet session will also redirect
server
> > POST, etc. This is a pretty neat feature and much faster than the WebUI.

I suppose if you like your login and passwords flying clear text through the
Internet this is always an option.  Any idea of when we might get SSH
functionality?

Thanks,

TP