List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RE: Firewall cards for PE 2650?
From:       "codefit" <support () codefit ! com>
Date:       2004-03-31 20:52:43

Thanks Mark,

I'm just talking about installing a firewall card into one server
at a co lo facility, to protect that one server, not an entire rack
or network.

Would installing a card into that one server to place that server
behind a firewall (for that one server)
be feasible, or practical?

Or should I just go with IP tables and just do a
software firewall for that server instead? Are there any
big advantages with going with hardware as opposed to
software firewalls in this scenario?