List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    PE2600SC + debian + raid software
From:       Jean BORT <jean.bort () penbase ! com>
Date:       2004-03-30 20:01:59

Hello,

Sorry for my english.

I have a PE2600SC with 2 IDE disk (2x120Go), and I want install de
Debian with a RAID 0 software. And I search a documentation for help me.
I know Debian, but I never install a debain with Raid.

First I compile a kernel 2.6.4 with GigaBit ethernet and RAID 1 support,
but when I boot, I have this message :=20
mount: dev2/root2 is not a valid block device
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
pivot_root: No such file or directory
/sbin/init: 217: cannot open dev/console: No such file
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init

Have some idea ?

Best regards
Jean