List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: Flash upgrade perc3/si
From:       jason andrade <jason () rtfmconsult ! com>
Date:       2003-01-29 23:19:11

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 colbey@dreamwerx.net wrote:

> I just bought this server from an auction (out of business dotcom).. And
> it's still got warranty for another 1.5 years (According to my service
> tag)..

this is an interesting question.  in australia dell "strip out" the warranty
from all their equipment sold at auction.  i have discovered this the hard
way (after the fact) so you will want to confirm your machine still is
covered by warranty with dell.  simply checking online against the service
tag is not good enough :-(

> It seems to indicate on dell.com site I need to transfer ownership over to
> myself..  BUt if the source company has gone under how is this possible?
> Also I have no idea what kind of service warrany I have?  next day, 4
> hour, etc.  any info would be appreciated..

there's a web page online (allegedly - i've never found it) that is suppose
to let you do this but its easier to find an account rep who can handle
this for you.

> THis is the 1st dell I've ever bought and I must say this once is built
> very well in my opinion..  Hopefully will be the 1st of many more dells ;)

the 2450 is a rock solid machine and possibly the apex of the 2ru from dell
upto this time.  i'm hoping the 2750 will do better than the 2650 and 2550
before it and surpass the 2450 :-)

regards,

-jason