List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RE: Upgrading RAC firmware on 90 PE2650's
From:       Vincent_Valdez () dell ! com
Date:       2002-12-26 21:45:04

The racadm utility is actually installed via the racser-devel package.  You
can verify with:

#rpm -qpl racser-devel-x.x.x.rpm

However, in order to install this rpm, you'll need to also install:

dellomsa
dellomsa-drivers

These can both be found in sa471/linux directory.

If you don't want the entire Server Administrator installed, then do a
"--nodeps".  Otherwise, you'll need to install
ServerAdministrator-x.x.x.rpm.

#rpm -ivh --nodeps dellomsa-*

Now you can install the racser-devel package, and racadm should be installed
to /usr/sbin/racadm

Sample syntax if you had the firmware unpacked into a directory:

#racadm fwupdate -p -u -d /path/to/firmimg.bm1/

You can then check the status of the process with:

#racadm fwupdate -s

After it is flashed (less than 5 minutes), it should return

"FWUPD_STATUS_OK fwupdate completed successfully"

You can then verify with

#racadm getsysinfo | grep Version

Thank you,

Vinny Valdez, RHCE