List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RE: persistent binding of LUNs
From:       Steve Mickeler <steve () neptune ! ca>
Date:       2002-11-23 21:49:17

You also have the choice of using devfs which is what I use, as well as a
couple of other tools such as scsidev available here:
http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/scsidev/

This is a good devfs & scsi starter page:

http://www.torque.net/scsi/devfs_scsi.html

Cheers.

 On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 Matt_Domsch@dell.com wrote:

> > Our problem is that the bindings between Linux devices and
> > FC4700 LUNs are not persistent.  The most obvious evidence
> > of this problem is when we add new LUNs to a server.  In this
> > situation, once the server reboots, the entries in /dev for disks
> > no longer point to what they pointed to prior to the the reboot.
>
> a) mount-by-filesystem label
> b) learn the new tool we're developing for exactly this - devlabel.
> http://domsch.com/linux/devlabel/
>

> --
> Matt Domsch
> Sr. Software Engineer, Lead Engineer, Architect
> Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux

[-] Steve Mickeler [ steve@neptune.ca ]

[|] Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

[+] 1024D/9AA80CDF = 4103 9E35 2713 D432 924F  3C2E A7B9 A0FE 9AA8 0CDF