List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: Debian on PE 2550 w/ RAID
From:       James Bruce <brucej () musc ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-25 14:29:07

Hi Sean,

My apologies for the delay.  I've been unplugged for the last 4 days.

I did go with woody/testing on all the boxes.  In my sources.list file, I'm
set up with testing, so I suppose there are a few differences.  So far
everything is going well.  I run SID on my Dimension desktop with no
problems.

The servers are production but they are not heavily loaded.  One dual
PII-400 that is more of a development box and it gets pounded.  That's the
ITC address.  The other systems are an ldap and departmental fileserver.
So each server has a specific function in a sense.  Uptimes are going well.
And the services seem to be stable.

I haven't actually tried the software raid yet, but that is all kernel
anyway so I wouldn't expect too many problems.  So far, I've been quite
pleased with Debian over redhat.  The minimal install to get things up and
running is one high point.  And you just can't beat dselect for getting
just about any tool you could want.  </end plug>

James

--On Wednesday, March 20, 2002 18:11:09 -0500 Sean McAvoy

=====