List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RE: PE1650 and PERC 3/DC problem
From:       "Hubbard, David" <dhubbard () dino ! hostasaurus ! com>
Date:       2002-03-21 18:32:11

Not positive since I have not received my first
1650 yet, but I think the reason you can't
connect another raid to the internal drives
is because this server is designed to be
"cable-less" and the drive backplane is probably
integrated right into the motherboard via a
connector or something.  This is common when
cramming so much into a 1U chassis.  I would
bet that the 2U and larger servers will continue
to have cables or other ways to use optional/3rd
party raid controllers.

Dave