List:       linux-omap
Subject:    Re: runtime check for omap-aes bus access permission (was: Re: 3.13-rc3 (commit 7ce93f3) breaks Noki
From:       Pali =?utf-8?q?Roh=C3=A1r?= <pali.rohar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-31 19:09:58

On Saturday 31 January 2015 15:38:28 Matthijs van Duin wrote:
> On Sunday 08 December 2013 00:22:06 Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Sebastian Reichel <sre@ring0.de> [131207 15:04]:

> > > I can't find it in the omap36xx documentation either.
> > > Maybe I search at the wrong position.
>
> I've checked a few of the oldest (in case it was later
> removed) and newest (in case it was later added) omap3-series
> public TRMs I have, none of them list the aes module or
> associated interconnect info. The region is either "reserved"
> or just silently skipped over. The practice of pretending
> something doesn't exist in the TRM while simultaneously
> releasing a linux driver continues to puzzle me.
>
> > > I tried to find something crypto related in
> > >
> > > Table 9-89. L3_PM_READ_PERMISSION_i
> >
> > Hmm maybe it's done based on the address in
> > L3_PM_ADDR_MATCH_k?
>
> According to the address (aes@480c5000) it's attached to the
> L4-Core interconnect, so why would an L3 firewall be
> involved?  Its access control would be configured in the
> L4-Core AP (2KB @ 0x48040000), and since they have an
> integrated memory map you'd automatically know which entry is
> responsible, assuming you can access the AP at all.

Do you have idea if it is possible to write such check in kernel
if address (aes@480c5000) is readable or not?

I have configured two testing N900 devices. One with signed
bootloader which enable omap aes support and one device with
signed bootloader which does not enable omap aes support.

So I can run any code/kernel patch and compare results/dumps
between those two devices.

Just I do not know what to do, or what to test...

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com