List:       linux-omap
Subject:    Question about MMC cover detection
From:       Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb () lidskialf ! net>
Date:       2009-05-23 20:21:47

Hi, progressing futher... I've now discovered that the MMC cover
detection is broken.

If there's an MMC card in the device when it boots it sees it ok, but
it doesn't see it being removed or re-added... or if there isn't one
in there from the start.

The old n770 code detected cover changes using an IRQ on the cover
switch GPIO. This has been removed.

There is some code in the drivers/mmc/omap.c code which appears to
poll the cover using the nokia770_mmc_get_cover_state() function.
However this doesn't actually work the way I expected: the polling
tasklet does not reschedule itself, so it only checks once for me. I
notice the call omap_mmc_notify_cover_event() is still exported (this
is what the N770 IRQ handler used to use).

So what is the best option here? Fix drivers/mmc/omap.c to reschedule
the polling (I appreciate I may simply not understand what that code
is meant to be doing), OR add the n770 IRQ + cover debounce code back?