List:       linux-omap
Subject:    Re: Tracking N770 breakage
From:       Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb () lidskialf ! net>
Date:       2009-05-22 17:47:20

Quoting Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>:

> * Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net> [090519 22:15]:
>> Quoting Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>:
>>
>>> * Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net> [090516 19:17]:

>>> Bummer :(
>>>
>>> After a quick try, CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS was the first stopper, then
>>> it could not mount the MMC root.
>>
>> Ahh excellent, that was why I posted my progress, in case it rang a bell
>> with anyone! I think the touchpad driver may be broken as well BTW.
>>
>>> I think there was a patch posted for the omap1 MMC by Ladislav few months
>>> ago that probably fixes it.
>>
>> Cool - I hope I may be back in the running soon (I was rather annoyed
>> when I posted that message!); I've ordered a new battery in case its
>> just that. A kind person has also offered me one thats broken in a
>> different way that I can probably cobble together with the remains of
>> mine if its something more critical that has died.
>
> Good to hear, let's hope it just needs a new battery.
>
> See also the n8x0 thread. If we get drivers/cbus to mainline, we
> pretty much have everything we need for 770 in mainline too.
>
> It would be nice to get the drivers/mmc/host/omap.c patch integrated
> for 2.6.30 to make omap1 MMC work again. Ladislav, any news on that?

OK! My friend has lent me his N770 in the meantime so I can get going
again. It seems the board is fried on mine as my battery works
perfectly fine in his. gah!

Anyway, I have just tried disabling RESET_CLOCKS, but it still doesn't
work for me with the very latest linux-omap-2.6.

With my HWA patch applied, at least the screen goes black, but I don't
see any console output, and the thing doesn't appear as a USB gadget
(I'm mounting NFS as root over USB with cdc_ether).

I wish the thing had an LED I could turn on! Hmm, I wonder if I could
turn off the backlight easily..