List:       linux-omap
Subject:    TI omap850
From:       Belisko Marek <marek.belisko () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-31 19:38:12

Hi,

I'm trying to port Linux on HTC Oxygen (omap850). As start point I choose
previous port at:http://vivien.chappelier.free.fr/typhoon/index.html

I try to modify tft driver for my board but with no success. I'm still
missing some
variables in  lcd_panel structure.

What important is still missing is pixel_freq parameter.
I have an egg and chicken problem. Rootfs as initrd is not working
(don't know why)
and display also not :). So I try to focus on display.

I dump some memory regions with Haret to get clock detailed infos.
Dumps:
ARM_CKCTL=0x6506 is different from the settings in
the linux kernel for CONFIG_OMAP_ARM_195MHZ (0x050e).

DPLL_CTL=0x2fb3 is different from the settings in
the linux kernel for CONFIG_OMAP_ARM_195MHZ (0x2790).

For retreiving of pixel_freq I can use
function in lcdc.c lck = clk_get_rate(omap_lcdc.lcd_ck); but
I'ts hard for me to find how clock on OMAP is working (very complex
for beginner).

Could you please clarify this to me and also why values ARM_CKCTL
and DPLL_CTL are in kernel set differently (compare to wince).

thanks,

Marek

--
as simple as primitive as possible