List:       linux-omap
Subject:    most recent kernel version to use with OMAP2420
From:       tony () atomide ! com (Tony Lindgren)
Date:       2007-06-27 1:28:51

* Andray Kaganovsky <andrayk@fcibroadband.com> [070626 14:25]:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out which kernel version should I use with
> my OMAP2420 board (I would prefer one of the most recent versions).
>
> I have downloaded repository from
> git://source.mvista.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git, and found that
> it contains few dozens of kernel versions; ten of them
> have "omap" as part of their names:
>
>     v2.6.13-omap1
>     v2.6.14-rc1-omap1
>     v2.6.15-omap2
>     v2.6.16-omap1
>     v2.6.16-omap2
>     v2.6.17-omap1
>     v2.6.17-omap2
>     v2.6.18-omap1
>     v2.6.19-omap1
>     v2.6.21-omap1
>
> Are the "omap" versions specifically patched for OMAP boards ? Do
> I have a better chance of getting "omap" versions to work with
> OMAP2420 board then the versions which don't have "omap" in their
> names ?

Yes, -omap kernels are "stable" snapshots from linux-omap tree.
They have more boards and drivers compared to Linus' tree.
I recommend using the linux-omap git tree or latest stable
release.

> Does anybody actually got any of these versions to work with
> OMAP2420 ?

At least TI H4 and Nokia N800 are well supported in the
linux-omap tree. Adding new boards is trivial.

> Thanks in advance and regards,

No problem,

Tony