List:       linux-omap
Subject:    Help, failed to clone git tree.
From:       anderson.lizardo () gmail ! com (Anderson Lizardo)
Date:       2005-09-30 22:33:02

On 9/28/05, embedos <embedos@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I tested with cogito-0.15 and got the same result, the
> download procedure stopped at 100% for quite a long time and failed at last.
>
> Now, I want to try cloning the linux-omap-2.6.git using GIT,
> any instructions would be appreciated.

Cogito is just a frontend for git and makes it easier to use by
implementing an SCM like interface. You can use git directly though,
as Komal has pointed out.

My tests have shown that for the linux-omap tree, the _very_ latest
git-core/cogito combination
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/git-core-0.99.7d.tar.bz2
and http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/cogito/cogito-0.15.1.tar.bz2)
are very stable, specially under proxy environments and using the http
protocol.

Don't use rsync anymore, it's deprecated AFAIK.

So in summary, download the versions above and use this command to
clone the tree:

cg-clone http://source.mvista.com/gittrees/linux-omap-2.6.git linux-omap-2.6

Regards,
--