List:       linux-ntfs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-NTFS-Dev] Progress...
From:       Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 () cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2007-03-30 8:40:40

Hi,

On 30 Mar 2007, at 03:44, Gary L. Greene, Jr. wrote:
> I'm the maintainer for the Linux kernel in AltimatOS, a desktop
> oriented
> distribution. I'd like to have an idea of the time-line for when
> the NTFS
> driver will have full write support. While I understand that the
> NTFS-3g
> driver exists, I'm not a big fan of user-land filesystems drivers.

Unless someone else completes the Linux kernel driver than the answer
is no time soon as I am still not finished with it and once I am
finished there will be a period of 12 months during which I am not
allowed to release the source code to the public as my contract which
I am doing it for requires...

Best regards,

	Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer, http://www.linux-ntfs.org/