List:       linux-ntfs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-NTFS-Dev] ntfsclone and multi files - Was: Re:
From:       Szakacsits Szabolcs <szaka () sienet ! hu>
Date:       2006-05-20 23:28:40

Hi Anton,

On Sat, 20 May 2006, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:

> I think it would be good to have an option to create split output (when
> destination is a file rather than stdout only of course) where it watches
> how much it has written and when it reaches a certain limit specified by
> user it closes the destination, and creates in the same place a file with
> the same name but three digits appended to it and start with 000 (or 001
> skipping 000), etc incrementing the number each time...).

I answered this already one and half year ago:

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ntfs-dev&m=110268618522037&w=2

> Alternatively, we should just add to the man page on how to send the
> output to stdout and use the split utility

That's a good idea. Well, actually it's more important to include these
sort of solutions in the error messages because people read those but not
the manual.

I'll do these when the CVS migration is final.

Cheers,
		Szaka