List:       linux-ntfs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-NTFS-Dev] Forum Spam
From:       Mario Emmenlauer <mario () emmenlauer ! de>
Date:       2006-05-08 17:17:31

Hi,

Richard Russon wrote:
>>>Of our 180 forum members, about 40 have made 0
>>>posts and have a website that's *obviously* spam.
>

>>omg, I really didn't realize that we had that feature :-/.
>

>>>Shall I delete all these people?
>

>>If you find the time, please delete them!
>

> Done.  I have just deleted 49 forum accounts.
>
> There are a further 65 people who have made 0 posts.  They're safe for
> now, since I'm tired of clicking delete :-)

Thanks for spending so much time on that! *cheers*

I deleted another 10 accounts that had a website that was
obviously spam, and I will watch the memberlist closely from
now on.
BTW: Of course we should only delete members with both
zero posts _and_ a website-url that is obviously advertising.
(I guess thats what you ment too, just to make sure: zero
 posts alone should't be a reason for account-deletion)

Cheers,
  Mario