List:       linux-ntfs-dev
Subject:    [Linux-NTFS-Dev] [ linux-ntfs-Bugs-931487 ] ntfsclone man page example typo
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-04-09 14:46:32

Bugs item #931487, was opened at 2004-04-07 19:44
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by szaka
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=113956&aid=931487&group_id=13956

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In the ntfsclone man page there is an example:

In-place compressing an NTFS volume. Note, gzip is
faster usually at least 2-4 times but it creates also
bigger compressed files.

  ntfsclone --output ntfs.img /dev/hda1 | bzip2 -c >
ntfs.img.bz2

However, I believe this example command line is
incorrect, and should be

  ntfsclone --output - /dev/hda1 | bzip2 -c > ntfs.img.bz2

Thanks.

Nathan

Comment By: Szabolcs Szakacsits (szaka)