List:       linux-ntfs-dev
Subject:    [Linux-NTFS-Dev] SUCCESS!
From:       Raśl Aranovich <aranovch () sprynet ! com>
Date:       2003-07-28 15:08:38

Thanks for the help. I have successfully resized my NTSF filesystem, and
freed enough space on my hard drive to install Linux. The roadblocks I
experienced during the process were not related to ntfsresize, which worked
as expected 100%.

The last hurdle I had to overcome had to do with Windows XP's swap file. In
my system, the sap file was located towards the end of the disc. The
defragmentation tool I have (the one that comes with Windows) could not
move the swap file,  so ntfsresize could not find much space to resize!
Solution: delete the swap file after defragmenting (right-click on
MyComputer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Settings (Performance) -> Advanced
-> Change (virtual memory) -> select "no virtual memory" -> Set). To
restore the swap file after resizing I had to boot Windows XP in Safe Mode,
repeat the process, reset the swap file, and then reboot to the normal system.

-Raśl