List:       linux-ntfs-dev
Subject:    [Linux-NTFS-Dev] NTFS TNG now in BitKeeper
From:       Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 () cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-10 12:34:35

Hi all,

NTFS TNG driver is now using BitKeeper instead of CVS which meant moving it
away from Sourceforge as SF only offers CVS. This is a _huge_
simplification for me to allow me to track the latest kernel merging with
new releases by just typing a single command instead of spending loads of
time on merging. This means I have more time for development which is a big
bonus.

To get the latest NTFS TNG code at present, you will need to download and
install BitKeeper from www.bitkeeper.com and then use the command:

         bk clone -q bk://linux-ntfs.bkbits.net/ntfs-tng-2.5

This will create the directory ntfs-tng-2.5 in your current directory which
contains the Linux kernel with the NTFS TNG driver integrated in it. So you
just need to configure and compile the kernel and you will be using NTFS TNG.

To download an update you just run (from inside the ntfs-tng-2.5 directory):

         bk pull

And that is all you need to do.

Best regards,

Anton

--
   "I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown
Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/