List:       linux-nilfs
Subject:    [NILFS users] [SPAM]  Inquiry: disk format change in the future
From:       yann.morin.1998 () anciens ! enib ! fr (Yann E !  MORIN)
Date:       2009-08-19 9:31:56

Hello All!

I've searched the archives, but could not find the answer to the
following questions:

 - will there be, or what is the probability of, a disk format change
   in the near future (few months)?

 - if so, what would be the plan for migrating existing file systems
   to the new format?

I'm contemplating using nilfs2 as the file system for my server, as
it offers all the features I need. OTOH, I would be quite disapointed
if migrating my existing file systems to the new format would imply
(too long a) down-time.

Anyway, keep up the very good work! nilfs2 is very nice! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

PS. I already tried sending this message, but 24h later, it has not shown
    up on the list archives. Sorry in advance if it eventually comes up.
YEM.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |