List:       linux-nfsv4
Subject:    Kerberos/ACL on NFSv3
From:       gopal () nerur ! com (Gopal Santhanam)
Date:       2005-04-26 18:13:28

Hi Bruce,

Great.  That did the trick!

So here's an extra tip for the security minded folks out there.  For the
auth_unix part of the export, you can use "all_squash" and that will prevent
read access to any sensitive files.  That way someone who has a superuser on
an NFSv3 client cannot just unmount the volume, mount without Kerberos, use
"su - gopal" to assume the identity of gopal, and then read all of gopal's
files.

Cheers,
Gopal