List:       linux-nfsv4
Subject:    NFSv4 Architecture on Linux
From:       Tony.Reix () bull ! net (Tony Reix)
Date:       2005-01-24 4:15:36

Hi Bryce,

{ Excellent work!  Mary was quite excited to see this.  This helps explain
{ how all the disparate pieces relate, which we'd been wondering about.

After discussing with Gilles and Patrice here at Bull, I think few people
have a complete clear view of the architectural differences between NFSv2/3,
NFSv4 now, and NFSv4 future (+IPv6).
So I plan to provide 3 figures.

{ Btw, does a glossary document exist explains what these components are ?

Not yet.
But you're right, this will be very useful.
I'll add it.

{ Are you planning on hosting this on the Bull site, or would it be ok for
{ me to post this on the osdl page?

We can post the figures on both sites.

Once I've built new versions of the 3 figures (based on Alan, Trond, Gilles and
Patrice comments), I'll send them to the mailing list again so that experts can
provide again (very useful !) comments.

Cordialement/Regards,

Tony
                            Carpe Diem