List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    [NFS] unable to mount nfs drive
From:       "Shannon S. Harvey" <sshman () swbell ! net>
Date:       2001-05-22 15:49:00

Hello all,

I've upgraded a stock redhat 6.2 installation to the latest kernel (ver. 2.4.4)
and also upgraded nfs-utils to it's latest version (ver. 0.3.1) using rpm -Uvh.
I also configured the kernel for iptables (using modules).  I'm attempting to
mount an nfs partition from the redhat 6.2 machine described above onto a
redhat 7.1 machine (stock installation - no upgrades performed at all on this
and using kernel 2.4.2-2).  Is there anything else I need to do to get this to
work?  Each time I try to mount, I get errors saying RPC timed out.  Do I
need to upgrade utils-linux and mount as well?  Finally, do I need iptables to
get this to work too (it's got it's own issues with unresolved functions when
attempting to load the modules)?
Thanks in advance!

Shannon S. Harvey
sharvey@softwareremodeling.com