List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    RE: [NFS] Can generate can't get a requested slot...
From:       "Glenn Strauss" <glenn-lists-nfs () e-quill ! com>
Date:       2000-12-23 4:44:44

I didn't see anything egregious. :-)
There has been a mention or two of problems with SMP.  Could you try
a uniprocessor kernel and see if that makes a difference?
Also, what type of NIC are you using.  I forget which ones comes with
the Compaq 1850R's.  Nice machines, though.  Do you have any other
Linux boxes that you can test with to see if it is a problem with the
specific machine or specific machine setup?  Have you had a chance to
try using a crossover cable to directly connect the NetApp and your
1850R?

As to installing the init scripts
  mv /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs.bak
  mv /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfslock /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfslock.bak
  mv <path-to-nfs-tar-ball>/etc/redhat/nfs /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs
  mv <path-to-nfs-tar-ball>/etc/redhat/nfslock /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfslock

Let us know if this helps.

Glenn Strauss
<glenn-lists-nfs@e-quill.com>
Systems Administrator, E-Quill Corporation
Mark up and draw on web pages!  http://www.e-quill.com/

PS: if all that works, comment out the lines for rpc.lockd in the
nfslock script.  It shouldn't affect you getting things working,
which is why I am not telling you to do this to begin with, but
it is no longer necessary since lockd is now automagically started
when it is needed.