List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    [NFS] NFS problems....Error.  Device full....
From:       chris croswhite <ccroswhite () get2chip ! com>
Date:       2000-07-27 19:45:01

>> IG_FILE=\"/etc/sshd_config\" -DSSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh1\"
>-DETCDIR=\"/etc\" -DPIDDIR=\"/var/run\" -DSSH_BINDIR=\"/usr/local/bin\"
>-DTIS_MAP_FILE=\"/etc/sshd_tis.map\" -D_GNU_SOURCE
>> -g -O2 -I/usr/X11R6/include serverloop.c
>> serverloop.o: No space left on device
>> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
>> {standard input}:3341: FATAL: Can't write serverloop.o: No space left
on
>> device
>
>As I reported a few days ago on this ML, the same happens to me when
doing
>kernel compiles over NFS (usually either "no space left" or "I/O
error").
>X11R6.4 builds from Solaris 2.6 clients don't have this problem, but
tar xf
>from Solaris clients occasionally miss some files.
>
>                                                       HTH,
>                                                        Cedric.

I am also seeing this on an older kernel, 2.2.12-20.  Yesterday it
shutdown the entire engineering group for a half day because no one was
able to save to their home directories (the error was "No space let on
device").  I also found that the server was kicking back many errors,
including:

     "Ext2-FS error (device rd(48,1)) ext2_new_block: free blocks
     count corrupted for block group 72"

I have run fsck aginst the drive and it repaired LOTS of errors.  But
yet the problem is showing up again this morning and now no one can do
cvs.  The clients are 2.2.12 and 2.2.14.  I am out of things to do, can
someone help me with this?!?!?!?