List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Re: [NFS] Re: Slacker interested in everyone's take on RedHat kernel
From:       Jamie Kennea <jak () xmmoms ! physics ! ucsb ! edu>
Date:       2000-06-27 17:48:44

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Again, RedHat does put a number of the SGI/Higgen/etc... patches in
> its RPM kernels -- definately not stock here.

Hmm... so they do - I stand corrected. However they don't seem to come up
as config options. Under Network file systems all I get is:

<M> NFS filesystem support
<M> NFS server support
    [*]    Emulate SUN NFS server

Whereas with the plain kernel + dhiggen stuff I get NFS3 options. So
although Redhat kernel has nfs3 patches of some kind applied - is it
possible to use them?

Jamie