List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Re: [NFS] starting nlockmgr - stupid question
From:       Thomas Richter <richter () chemie ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-06-14 10:16:38

Neil Brown writes:
> (I have been thinking that it would be good to have some way to force
> a re-registration of lockd/nfsd incase portmap goes west.  Maybe a
> little client that extracts port numbers from the kernel some how and
> tell portmap).

You might want to look at Wietse Venema's portmapper package, see
ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/pub/security/index.html.  It contains two
programs, pmap_dump and pmap_set, which dump and load portmapper
tables.

--
Thomas Richter   <richter@chemie.fu-berlin.de>
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers - weird is part of the job." ST:VOY