List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Spurious permission denied
From:       Christoph Bartoschek <bartoschek () gmx ! de>
Date:       2012-06-19 9:58:27

Hi,

we still have the problem that some users get permission denied for
directories they normally can access. The problem only affects a single user
at a time and automatically goes away after about 30 minutes.

It seems to be a server problem because this happens on all client machines
at the same time.

Here is how it looks like:

[bartosch@r1106i12 ~]$ ls /afs/eda/prod
ls: cannot open directory /afs/eda/prod: Permission denied
[bartosch@r1106i12 ~]$ id
uid=348(bartosch) gid=200(vls)
groups=200(vlsi),100(users),201(zab),900(ibm),901(iba),902(ama),1001(eda),2030(asi),2057(ecl),41999(tra)
[bartosch@r1106i12 ~]$

I have attached the network traffic that was exchanged between the NFS
server and the client for the ls command captured by wireshark.

Accessing the directory /afs/eda works as expected.

Has anyone an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Christoph Bartoschek
["network_traffic.dump" (application/vnd.tcpdump.pcap)]