List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Potential locking issue in sunrpc
From:       Ben Greear <greearb () candelatech ! com>
Date:       2011-06-30 21:08:57

This method in sched.c says we should have a lock for ASYNC

/*
  * Make an RPC task runnable.
  *
  * Note: If the task is ASYNC, this must be called with
  * the spinlock held to protect the wait queue operation.
  */
static void rpc_make_runnable(struct rpc_task *task)

However, I don't think the lock is being taken for
the call path starting with rpcb_call_async in
rpcb_clnt.c:

rpcb_call_async
rpc_run_task
rpc_execute
rpc_make_runnable

Is the comment on the make_runnable method wrong, or are we missing locking?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>