List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Recommendation of SAN devices
From:       Peng Yu <pengyu.ut () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-26 16:28:16

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate for this mailing list. But I
just ask in case anybody has some knowledge.

Essentially, I want to build a cluster where multiple machines
(multi-core) access the same cluster file system. Each machine might
concurrently access the same file system for writing or reading. The
processes running on these machines are I/O intensity. I think that if
machines have all CPU used, the total I/O read/write usage could be
hundred of MB/s. I want the whole system be scalable in the sense that
more machines can be added without making the I/O the bottleneck.

The SRX model in the following webpage is a choice. However, I'd like
to see all the possible choices from different vendors so that I can
make a more informative decision. Could you please share me some
insights that you have or point me to a mailing list where I might get
some answers?

http://www.coraid.com/products/index.html

--
Regards,