List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    School Project to Create Distributed Filesystem
From:       Omar Chanouha <chanouha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-23 18:43:47

Hello Everyone,

        I have a school project this semster that involves creating a
distributed filesystem. The direct link to our proposal can be found
here:http://www.opensourceaficionado.com/winabi/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=5.
The website can be found here:
http://www.opensourceaficionado.com/winabi.

Essentially, what we want to do is create a distibuted filesystem via
a protocol we will create, but connect to it via nfs, so the client
does not need to have any special software on his/her pc. The section
I am assigned to is to create the nfs to winabi interface. Below is a
short example:

client ---NFS--->server--->winabi--->filesystem
client <---NFS---server<---winabi<---filesystem

I would like ANY help a kind sould is willing to offer. A few
questions that would be nice to have answered, but again, any
thoughts/comments you have would be appreciated.

1. Would modifying using space apps alone, ie. nfsutils, be enough?
(Probably not, right?)
2. Is there any documentation, I am having a little trouble finding
it? Specifically,
    -What comes with nfs-utils, and what do they do?
    -What is in the kernel, and what does it do?
3. If I have to modify kernel code, where is that code located?
    -If anyone could give me specific files to change, you would be my hero

Thanks alot!

-OFosho, Miami Dolphin and Linux Enthusiast