List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Re: [NFS] nfs-utils-1.0.10/linux 2.6.18 bug? unable to start nfsd;
From:       Ray <whatdoineed2do () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-11-18 10:42:29

>> issue is, using 2.6.18.2 kernel and 1.0.10 nfs
utils
--
>> it drops out after sysloging that "nfssvc "Address
>> already in use" when there are actually no other
nfsd
>> instances running

> Have you checked to see if port 2049 is in use?

hi,
had the same problem again, and running 'netstat
-anptu | grep :2049' as root tells me that the statd
had stolen that port

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2049            0.0.0.0:*
                         954/rpc.statd

i think this is to do with the manner in which FC2
starts the nfs (and related services) -- the 'nfs'
service starts nfsd/quotad/mountd whilst there is a
seperate 'nfslock' service which starts lockd and it
is this latter service which is started first.

i'll take a look at the scripts and re-order them.
many thanks for the pointers
ray