List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    RE: [NFS] Stale NFS file handle
From:       "Lever, Charles" <Charles.Lever () netapp ! com>
Date:       2005-03-23 18:59:25

filipe-

in general the kernel patches i referred to earlier will prevent most
issues when using rsync and serving web pages.  an occassional ESTALE is
unavoidable because no NFS client can recover from an ESTALE during a
read operation.  however, the patches do allow a subsequent open(2)
operation on that pathname to find the new file.