List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Re: [NFS] x86_64: 32bit emulation problems
From:       Bernd Schubert <bernd-schubert () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-02-28 23:14:41

On Monday 28 February 2005 23:26, you wrote:
> Given that strace shows that both syscalls (stat64() and stat())
> succeed, I expect the "problem" is probably just glibc setting an
> EOVERFLOW error in the 32-bit case. That's what it is supposed to do if
> a 64 bit value overflows the 32-bit buffers.

Right, thanks.

> Have you tried looking at errno?

bernd@hitchcock tests>./test_stat32 /mnt/test/yp
stat for /mnt/test/yp failed
ernno: 75 (Value too large for defined data type)

But why does stat64() on a 64-bit kernel tries to fill in larger data than on
a 32-bit kernel and larger data also only for nfs-mount points? Hmm, I will
tomorrow compare the tcp-packges sent by the server.

Many thanks,
 Bernd