List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Re: [NFS] 2.6.6 lockupy
From:       Garrick Staples <garrick () usc ! edu>
Date:       2004-05-27 4:39:00

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 05:55:56PM -0400, J. Bruce Fields alleged:
> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 02:44:36PM -0700, Garrick Staples wrote:
> > You didn't misunderstand... but I was at a complete loss with production
> > machines suddenly dropping like flies.  I'm now at the stage where I just try
> > random things =P
>
> OK.  May as well send us what information you have on the lockups, and
> maybe your .config while you're at it....

Filesystem corruption from the repeated lockups finally showed up today.  So I
managed to get those two machines out of production for now.  I'll be able to
figure out to trigger the problem and hopefully get you some better info
tomorrow.

Btw, the failover capabilities of 2.6 has been very well tested the last few
days :)  Nearly 15TB of data was swapped back and forth during heavy writes.
Good job guys on that!

Btw, reiserfs+lvm2 is very resilient!

(does anyone have advice on triggering a kernel trace on ia64?)

University of Southern California