List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Re: [NFS] number of files per directory under ext3 & directory indexing
From:       Adrian Phillips <a.phillips () met ! no>
Date:       2003-02-18 6:16:18

    Alan> Can you share your experiences of when performance starts
    Alan> dropping dramatically based on the number of files in a
    Alan> directory under ext3? (assuming that you haven't applied any
    Alan> directory indexing patch)

This may be obvious, but I presume you have considered another file
system ? It would seem testing with XFS and reiserfs would be
advisable at least. Certainly my experiences with reiserfs and several
thousand files per directory over NFS have been only good,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.