List:       linux-nfs
Subject:    Re: [NFS] NFS freezes
From:       <Andrew.Raine () mrc-dunn ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-18 15:08:31

Many thanks to Trond and Chris.

I'll encourage my user to try the --bind option to mount.

> Not likely... However one thing I do see on our Digital Unix 4.0
> machine is that when it hangs on a missing NFS partition, the NFS
> server can hang too.

This might be nearer the mark in my case.  I'm busy installing
patch-kit-3 which is supposed to cure some NFS problems with Tru64 5.1.
Hopefully, a combination of the two will sort things out.

Thanks again,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Raine, Head of IT, MRC Dunn Human Nutrition Unit,
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2XY, UK