List:       linux-next
Subject:    Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the akpm tree
From:       Dave Rodgman <dave.rodgman () arm ! com>
Date:       2018-11-30 14:52:10

On 30/11/2018 5:40 am, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> After merging the akpm tree, today's linux-next build (arm
> multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:
>
> lib/lzo/lzo1x_compress.c: In function 'lzo1x_1_do_compress':
> lib/lzo/lzo1x_compress.c:239:14: warning: 'm_pos' may be used uninitialized in this \
> function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized] m_off = ip - m_pos;
> ~~~^~~~~~~
> Probably introduced by patch
>
> "lib/lzo: implement run-length encoding"
> or
> "lib/lzo: separate lzo-rle from lzo"

Apologies, I didn't spot this (I think it's gcc only - clang, which I
was testing with, seems smart enough not to report this false positive).

I've fixed it in the latest patchset (v4):

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/11/30/972

Dave
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and \
may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the \
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for \
any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.