List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Trying to improve a kernel driver
From:       Thomas Marangoni <thomas () marangoni ! cc>
Date:       2021-08-10 7:24:43

Hello,
I'm new to developing kernel drivers and want to improve the driver of
the axp209 power management chip. I've read the documentation about the
Linux power supply class
(https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/power/power_supply_class.html)
and there it says: "Power supply class is extensible, and allows to
define drivers own attributes.". The Problem is I couldn't find an
example of how to add own attributes. My goal is to have an own
attribute showing up at /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-battery/

If someone can give me a hint, extended documentation or a better place
to ask, that would be great!