List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    RE: [PCIe spec question] How to get PCI express link up / link down notifications?
From:       Rajat Jain <rajatjain () juniper ! net>
Date:       2013-10-04 6:48:50

Hi,

I found the answer to my original question. I found the "Data Link Layer State \
Changed Enable" bit in the Slot Control register which seems to provide interrupt on \
link state changes.

6.7.3.3. Data Link Layer State Changed Events
The Data Link Layer State Changed event provides an indication that the state of the \
Data Link Layer Link Active bit in the Link Status register has changed. Support for \
Data Link Layer State Changed events and software notification of these events are \
required for hot-plug capable Downstream Ports. If this event is supported, the Port \
sets the status field associated with the event 5 when the value in the Data Link \
Layer Link Active bit changes.

Thanks a bunch!

Rajat