List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Debugging kernel with KGDB
From:       "Daniel Rodrick" <daniel.rodrick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-06 17:19:30

Hi list,

I am debugging linux kernel (2.6.15) remotely using gdb and want to
debug an area that involves synchronization / timing between two
kernel threads.

I was wondering if it is possible to debug multiple kernel threads at
the same time by manually switching between the two? For instance can
I create the following scenario using the gdb debugger:

1) kernel thread 1 hits break point 1
2) At this point, I want kernel thread 2 to run till break point 2.

I hope I'm clear enough?

Thanks,

Dan
-