List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    customizing lpr on a cups-based printer
From:       Karthik Vishwanath <karthikv () Alum ! Dartmouth ! ORG>
Date:       2007-01-30 15:53:19

Hello,

I added a networked printer using the gnome-cups-manager but I need to
customize the print command (specifically by adding a -U switch to lpr)
sent to that device each time I print to it, via the application that is
used to print.

I was wondering if there was a way to tweak the configuration for that
device by adding/editing a cups-conf file and how to do it. All help will
be appreciated.

Just in case its needed, I am running Ubuntu dapper with a
2.6.15-26-server kernel and gnome 2.14.3

regards,

-K

-