List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    videotrans (Season 1 Episode 2 ;-)
From:       chuck gelm <chuck () gelm ! net>
Date:       2006-03-01 13:09:18

Stephen Samuel wrote:

> Try dvdauthor ... I got it to work for me. It's somewhat simplistic
> but it does the job.
>
> It creates the directory structure, I then used k3b to burn the
> physical DVD

Hi, Stephen:

 'dvdauthor' is mentioned in the last step of the videotrans utilities.
(http://videotrans.sourceforge.net/videotrans.1.html)

 I was able to convert three (3) .avi files and burn them to DVD,
but the 'menu' was not good.  The menu had one image of the
first scene of the last video that occupied the entire menu screen.
I could 'arrow' over to second movie and see the ">" button highlighted,
but it took a few minutes to guess that to see the third 'play button
I needed to press the 'down arrow' on my remote.  Then the play arrow
appeared in the middle of the 'image of the first scene of the last video'.
Oh, and at the bottom of the menu screen was always displayed the
filename of the last video, not the currently selected video.  :-|

 I am now redoing the process and leaving out the 'scene image'.
I hope to see a menu of only movie filenames from which to choose.
\/
/\
Fingers crost'
Chuck