List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    BadAccess
From:       Andrew <ald2 () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2006-02-22 16:03:41

How can I find out what this is telling me?

X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  145 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  53

I get it when trying to use vlc on an ltsp thin client. The program
opens, I can select a file to play, but when I start playback vlc quits.

TIA,

Andrew
-